INTRODUCTION TO TEACH HOME EDUCATORS OF BRANT
TEACH Home Educators of Brant was established in September 1990 with a handful of families. Annual membership has grown to over 150 families.
The TEACH membership fee for the school year is $50.00. Memberships are valid from September through August. There is a membership form and a TEACH Family Code of Conduct that the family is asked to sign.
TEACH membership provides access to a “members only” website, access to our extensive Resource Library, access to all TEACH activities, and liability insurance for the organization that enables us to use public facilities. TEACH is a member of the Ontario Christian Home
Educators Connection (OCHEC), a provincial home education support group. This OCHEC affiliation entitles members to a $5.00 discount at the provincial convention, a discount on a family Home School Legal Defense of Canada (HSLDA) membership, access to the OCHEC newsletter, and more.
We hold monthly meetings for parents the third Monday from September through November and January through April. In March, no monthly meeting is held since many families participate in a spring musical. A late May meeting is targeted specifically for new homeschoolers. All parent meetings are open to the public and are held at Hope Christian Reformed Church, 64 Buchanan Crescent, Brantford.
With a TEACH membership, families may participate in all TEACH activities. In the past years TEACH events / activities that have been available to member families include: swimming lessons, gymnastics, ballet, elementary & high school sports (we belong to CAASO & SOCSSAA for tournaments with Christian schools - soccer, flag football, cross country, track & field, volley ball, floor hockey, ball hockey, badminton, basketball, softball), Geography Day, high school co-op, annual speech meet, and elective classes such as choir, art, etc. Sufficient student interest, as well as parent volunteers to coordinate each of these activities / events, is required for each of these events to occur. Additional field trips are also made available to TEACH families as parents organize them throughout the school year. Costs for each of these TEACH activities vary according to the event.
TEACH STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Bible is the unique, verbally inspired authoritative Word of God.
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death for the sins of the world, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His future, personal return to the world in power and glory.
4. We believe in the fallen condition of man and in the regenerative power of the Holy Spirit.
5. We believe in the resurrection of all people, resurrection unto eternal life for all Christian believers, and unto eternal ruin for the lost. We believe in the reality of Heaven and Hell.
6. We believe that salvation is offered freely as a result of the substitutionary death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. John 3:16
7. We believe that salvation cannot be earned through our own good works, but by exercising faith in Jesus Christ alone.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. We believe that the God of the Bible established marriage as the exclusive lifetime covenant of union between one man and one woman. It is His unique gift that echoes the union of Christ and His church. Matthew 19:4-6
10. We believe that God has ordained marriage to be a reflection of Christ’s love for His church, as well as for procreation and for the raising of children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, to the glory of God. Psalm 127:3-5; Proverbs 22:6
Use the form below to send an email message to our membership co-ordinator. Full membership information and forms can be sent to you by regular mail or electronically. Please indicate your preference in your email.